ObjectiveThe main emphasis with our Children's class is to assist them in developing their focusing and listening skills. We encourage them to not only be attentive to what the head instructor is saying but to also be able to follow and execute the instructor's commands. We also help our students build proper balance, forms on their stance and movements so they will develop a strong foundation advancing onto the next levels.
*Please note: Children aged 4 years of age may be assessed by our instructors first to determine whether they have the appropriate level of focus to begin classes with us. This will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Keep the body continuously stretching and moving and learn to build up power or "Ki".
- Learn the basics of landing and the ability to roll without touching their head. Basic 3 point stance leading up to stand up rolls.
- Emphasizing proper horse stance, punches with opposite hand retractions. Blockings (up/down/cross blocks), sliding the legs upon changing positions.
- Front kick/heel kick/inside and outside swing kicks.
- Coordination Games: Shoulder roll race and tags; pattern competitions
Get started today!